1. Acceptance of these terms and conditions is a condition of entry and the entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the competition you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoters reserve the right, at their discretion, to exclude entrants and/or any winners if they do not comply with any of these terms and conditions.
2. The competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoters, their associated companies, families, agencies or any other persons to whom they are professionally connected.
3. To enter the competition anytime between Friday 25 April 2014 and Friday 9 May 2014, entrants must: (i) visit the www.sidewalk.mpora.com competition subpage and provide all requested information in the competition entry form; (ii) correctly answer the competition question; (iii) provide a valid and accessible URL link to their skate video footage (in such form as requested by the Promoters); and (iv) submit the entry form as directed. Internet access required.
4. No purchase necessary.
5. One entry per person. If more than one entry is received only the first entry will be accepted.
6. Any entries not meeting the above criteria shall be invalid.
7. The Promoters will not be liable for any entries which are corrupted or not received for any reason.
8. Any entries made using false or dishonest information will be disqualified.
9. There will be six winners who will each win: (i) entrance (as part of a team) into the Skate Copa Weekend comprising of a skate shop jam and 5-a-side football tournament taking place in or around London on Saturday 7 June 2014 and Sunday 8 June 2014 (the “Event”); (ii) standard class rail travel to and from London to attend the Event; (iii) one night’s shared accommodation in London with another competition winner (such accommodation to be determined by the Promoters in their sole discretion); and (iv) selected adidas skateboarding footwear and apparel (subject to availability and size restrictions).
10. The winners will be selected at random by the editors of Sidewalk Magazine from all correctly answered, completed and submitted entries on Monday 5 May 2014. The Promoters will notify the winners on or around Friday 16 May 2014 to Friday 23 May 2014 using the contact information provided at time of entry. On such contact, the winners will be required to provide their name, postal address, date of birth and other information as required. If a winner cannot be contacted, fails to confirm acceptance of their prize or cannot make use of their prize for any reason within 24 hours of the first attempted notification, such winner will forfeit the prize and the Promoters reserve the right to select an alternative winner.
11. The Promoters’ decisions will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Participation in the Event is conditional upon signing an Event disclaimer and/or release of liability form as requested by the Promoters and is subject to event regulations or requirements including any stipulation as to the medical condition of participants.
13. The Promoters reserve the right to exclude any person (including any winner) from participating in the Event.
14. The Promoters will liaise with the winners regarding delivery of the prizes. If applicable, the Promoters will pay for delivery of the relevant prizes to the winners although the Promoters will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any postal service provider or courier.
15. In the event that, due to the acts or omissions of a winner, the Promoters are unable to deliver any prize, such winner will forfeit the prize, no substitute or alternative will be available and an alternative winner may be selected.
16. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entry to any part of the competition.
17. The Promoters shall not be responsible or liable for any expenses incurred by the winners over and above the prize offered above (including, without limitation, food & drink, travel insurance and personal insurance of any kind).
18. Details of the winners’ names and locations will be available between Monday 9 June 2014 and Monday 6 July 2014 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to adidas Customer Care, EWA Limited, St. Mary’s Green, Tattersall Way, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 3TU.
19. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be given.
20. The Promoters reserve the right to substitute the prizes (or any part of the prizes) with a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond their control mean that a prize cannot be provided. The Promoters shall not be liable in the event that the Event does not take place, is rescheduled, or postponed for any reason.
21. The Promoters reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
22. The winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use any of the prizes for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing any prize (in whole or in part) on an internet auction site).
23. By entering, you agree that if you are chosen as a winner you will allow the Promoters to use your name, photographs, videos, voice recordings and general location for publicity, news and promotional purposes in any and all media during this and any future promotions or advertising.
24. The Promoters have the right to refuse any Competition entry from any individual if their skate video footage contains material which is offensive (including the use of foul language) or defamatory, or incites and/or promotes violence or hatred or which discriminates, threatens or infringes the rights of third parties, or which the Promoter deems in its sole discretion is otherwise unacceptable.
25. By entering into the competition, you acknowledge that any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright in text, film and sound recording) which arise in relation to your involvement with the competition and/or the prizes shall vest absolutely with the Promoters and you hereby agree to immediately assign to the Promoters any such rights which become vested in you.
26. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoters shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prizes.
28. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
29. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoters: (i) adidas (UK) Limited, The adidas Centre, Pepper Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5SA; and
(ii) Sidewalk Magazine, Factory Media, 1 West Smithfield, London, EC1A 9JU.